KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THE BOARD
Phoenix Management Company Ltd has been delegated with the responsibility of organising the strategic development of Phoenix Beverages Limited. However, it is the Board’s responsibility to ensure that there is an effective organisational and reporting structure in place so that there are clear reporting lines within the Group and well-defined roles and responsibilities. The above measures have been implemented to ensure that the right decisions are being made with the involvement from the right people. The Board’s ultimate responsibility is for the supervision and sustainability of the Group.
- Provides overall leadership.
- Ensures smooth functioning of the Board.
- Encourages active participation of each Director in discussions.
- Makes sure the Board is aware of the Company’s and Group’s affairs and assumes its obligations to all shareholders and other stakeholders.
NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS AND INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS
- Monitor the delivery of the agreed strategy within the risk and control framework set by the Board.
- Constructively challenge the Executive Directors and the management of the Company.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Company's and Group's operations.
- Leads and directs senior management to implement the strategy and policies set by the Board.
- Provides insights for short and medium term development of Group's operations.
- Provides assistance and information on governance and corporate administration matters.
- Guides the Board on the Directors’ statutory duties under the law, disclosure obligations and listing rules as well as
- corporate governance requirements and effective Board processes.